The sales process - from the initial approach to long after a sale is completed - is governed by a number of important legal requirements designed to protect you and your customers.
It is important that you are aware of and comply with the laws that apply to certain products and services.
Please take a look at our selection of advisory information areas that can be accessed from the links below.
- Intellectual property law
- Age restricted sales
- Property laws for business
- Holiday and motoring trading laws
Property laws for business
- Guidance on Money Laundering Regulations
- Prevention of money laundering
- Guidance on property sales
- Guidance on unfair terms in tenancy agreements and home improvement contracts
- Energy performance certificates for business premises
Package Travel laws
- What is a Package? A guidance note for Travel Organisers
- The Package Travel Regulations – Question and Answer Guidance for Organisers and Retailers
Intellectual Property law
Please see the links to GOV.UK below for more information.
- Intellectual Property Office
- What is copyright?
- What is a design right?
- What is a patent?
- What is a trade mark?
- Register a design
- Online Intellectual Property Healthcheck
Files available to download
- Performing Rights (48.4 KB)