We appreciate starting a new business has many pitfalls so we have put together some key information that should help you if you are providing products or a service to customers.
Surrey-i - information for your business:
- Surrey-i - providing you with an insight into the residents, communities and local economy of Surrey to help inform your business planning and development.
Web pages on the Gov.uk website:
- Starting up a business
- Setting Up
- Set up and register as self-employed
- Business finance explained
- Employers preventing discrimination
- Register a business with HMRC
- VAT -getting started
- VAT - How VAT works
Finance and other advice
- New Enterprise Allowance on DWP website - The Government gives extra help to unemployed people who want to start their own business, through the New Enterprise Allowance (NEA).
- Backing Small Business - A government publication to ease the problems of small businesses and to encourage unemployed people to move into self-employment.
- Self Employment advice on Gov.uk - If you want to become self-employed, find out about the free help and support available, and whether you qualify for the New Enterprise Allowance.
- Startups - Build a Better Business - Startups.co.uk is an online resource for starting a business. Whether you are a budding entrepreneur ready to start a business for the first time or you are an established entrepreneur looking to do it a second time, Startups.co.uk have all the news and information you need to get your small business starting on the right foot.
- Surrey Incubation - Offer support to start-up and early stage businesses whilst also providing flexible and affordable office space.
- Starting Your Own Business HMRC e-learning course - Will help answer questions about tax, National Insurance, business records and expenses.
- Becoming an Employer HMRC e-learning course - Will help answer questions about PAYE tax, National Insurance and running a payroll