Links for businesses
This page contains links to local and national organisations that can help you with your business. Select the letter to jump to the organisations in the directory that begin with that letter.
- Association of British Credit Unions (ABCUL) - Find out what services a credit union could offer you.
- The Carbon Trust- Helps businesses and the Public Sector to cut carbon emissions and supports the development of low carbon technologies.
- Confederation of Business (CBI)
- DEFRA- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Department for Business Innovation & Skills (Formerly BERR)
- Easit- Businesses working together to help their staff travel sustainably in Reigate, Redhill and Dorking.
- Environment Agency
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Financial Services Authority (FSA) - use this site to find information and free resources to help you in your work to improve financial capability.
- Food Standards Agency - The Foods Standard Agency is an independent Government department set up by an act of Parliament in 2000 to protect the public's health and consumer interests in relation to food.
- Get Safe Online - The Get Safe Online website is a newly launched one-stop-shop for independent expert advice to help individuals and small businesses protect themselves against internet threats such as viruses, spam, spyware and online fraud. www.getsafeonline.org has been created by HM Government, the National Hi-Tech Crime Unit and leading businesses as a free public service.
Gov.uk is the place to turn for the widest range of government information and services. Listed below are a few of the areas you may wish to visit that give information for businesses.
- Business and self-employed
- Self-assessment tax returns
- Breach of contract
- Tax inspections and enquires
- Human rights in the workplace
- Contact or deal with HM revenue and customs
- Health & Safety Executive - Our job is to prevent death, injury and ill-health to those at work and those affected by work activities
- Institute of Directors
- Invest in Surrey - a new service to enable us to respond to business investment enquiries, for those firms looking to relocate into the county from within the UK or abroad
- The Office of Fair Trading - the OFT is responsible for making markets work well for consumers.
- Open to export - a service for small and medium sized businesses looking for help and support in exporting from the UK.
- South East Sustainable Business Partnership- The Surrey Sustainable Business program (SBP) is responsible for developing and delivering the Surrey Economic Partnerships environmental and social responsibility agenda.
- Surrey Business Club
- Surrey Business Enterprise(now managed by Enterprise First) - Support for small businesses in Surrey, Hampshire and Berkshire.
- Surrey Chambers of Commerce
- Surrey Community Action (Formerley SVSC)
- Surrey-i - providing you with an insight into the residents, communities and local economy of Surrey to help inform your business planning and development.
- UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) - works with UK-based businesses to ensure their success in international markets, and encourage the best overseas companies to look to the UK as their global partner of choice.
- Your Europe - To give you practical information and advice that helps you to carry out your business in another country within the European Union. You can find information on registration of companies, public procurement, taxes, business directories, various funding opportunities and employment laws.