A renewal of vows ceremony is for couples who are married or in a civil partnership and wish to celebrate their time together and confirm their commitment to one another. It can be as formal or informal as you want and is unique to the couple.
Terms and conditions
Your ceremony booking is accepted on the condition that:
- Proof of marriage or civil partnership is provided when booking your ceremony.
- A renewal of vows fee is payable for your ceremony.
Please read in full our ceremony bookings - terms and conditions.
Please note the renewal of vows ceremony has no legal standing. This allows each couple to create a celebration unique to themselves.
- Speeches, readings and music from your original ceremony may be given or played again.
- Changes in your lives can be acknowledged, allowing your children and/or grandchildren to contribute.
- New promises may be made to reflect your plans for your continuing future together.
- Old rings or tokens may be rededicated or new rings or tokens exchanged.
- To mark your ceremony a special commemorative certificate will be witnessed, signed and presented.
Booking your ceremony
You can pre-book your ceremony or make an enquiry regarding your ceremony, by completing our ceremony enquiry form.
Our ceremonies office will then check availability or respond to your enquiry within two working days.
You will be required to pay the fee that is applicable for the date of your ceremony. All ceremony fees will be payable in full at the time of booking. Fees are subject to change on the 1 April each year. Please see our webpage: Fees for other types of ceremonies..
You must complete the relevant ceremony requirements form online no later than six weeks prior to your ceremony date. The form will provide us with the details of your celebration, such as your choice of vows or promises, music and readings.
|Renewal of vows ceremony at register office||Guildford, Leatherhead or Weybridge Register Office|
|Renewal of vows ceremony at a licensed venue||Licenced venues|
Files available to download
- Suggested renewal of vows ceremony readings (40.6 KB)
Selection of readings for a civil renewal of vows ceremony