Coronavirus: Important information
Please read the following information before progressing:
- Death registrations: All death registrations are now over the telephone. You will not be required to attend the register office in person. See our death registration guidance page.
- Marriage and Civil Partnerships: Further to the Prime Minister's announcement on 10 May 2020, there has been no change to the Government's decision to suspend all marriages and civil partnerships until further notice. In England and Wales, legislation does not provide for marriages or civil partnerships to be contracted / formed by telephone, online or by video conference and there are no current plans for this to change. See our marriage and civil partnerships guidance page.
- Birth registrations: Unfortunately we are not able to carry out any birth registration appointments until further notice. You can make a claim for child benefit or universal credit prior to the birth being registered. The 42 day requirement to register a birth has been relaxed and no action will be taken if you have not registered within that time frame.
- Certificates: We are currently running a limited service and are only able to process copy certificate applications that are essential, such as for legal proceedings, job recruitment etc. You should also note that we can only issue a maximum of five certificates per person. Please do not apply for copy certificates for the purposes of family history research at this time. If you require certificates for other purposes, please contact the General Register Office who should be able to supply certificates for you.
Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time.
Our register offices have rooms to suit all tastes and budgets, from the smallest, most intimate of ceremonies, to larger celebrations.
Each register office is a converted house with its own individual charm. All have beautifully decorated rooms and landscaped gardens, which make the perfect backdrop for photographs.
We hold the following ceremonies at Guildford, Leatherhead and Weybridge Register Offices. Please see below for information on how to plan and book each ceremony:
- Marriage or civil partnership ceremony
- Civil partnership to marriage conversion
- Ceremony to renew your vows
- Baby welcoming ceremony
Guildford Register Office as a ceremony venue
42 Portsmouth Road
Large ceremony room seats 10 guests and the small ceremony room seats 15 guests.
Leatherhead Register Office as a ceremony venue
70 Church Street
Ceremony room seats 10 guests.
Weybridge Register Office as a ceremony venue
81 Oatlands Drive
Large ceremony room seats 10 guests and the small room seats two guests.