Book a registrar
You must book a registrar for a ceremony at a register office or licensed venue, up to two years before your ceremony date.
Please check availability with the venue first, before booking your registrar.
Bookings are taken strictly on a first come, first served basis. You can request a call from our ceremonies office by completing our:
Our ceremonies office will then check availability and will contact you by telephone within two working days.
Registrar booking fees
Please see our: marriage and civil partnership fees webpage, for full details of our fees for booking a registrar for your ceremony.
The booking process
You do not need to have any specific paperwork or identity documents to make a booking. The process of booking your ceremony depends on how far in advance you are contacting us.
Booking your ceremony date
- You can book your ceremony up to two years in advance. All ceremony fees are payable in full at the time of booking.
- We will discuss the legal preliminaries that you need to complete and send you detailed information about the ceremony itself.
There are various times offered for ceremonies depending on the day of the week and location you have chosen.
Please note we are unable to conduct ceremonies on Easter Sunday, Christmas Day or Boxing Day.
Licensed venue in Surrey
- Monday to Friday - 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm.
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays - 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm.
Register offices in Surrey
- Monday to Friday - 10am, 10.45am, 11.30am, 2.15pm, 3pm and 3.45pm.
- Saturday - 10am, 10.45am, 11.30am, 12.15pm, 1.30pm, 2.15pm, 3pm and 3.45pm.