Coronavirus: Important information
Please read the following information before progressing:
- Death registrations – All death registrations are now over the telephone. You will not be required to attend the register office in person. Please see our death registration guidance page for more information.
- Marriage and Civil Partnerships - Unfortunately we are not able to carry out any marriages or civil partnerships until at least the 1 June 2020. Please see our marriage and civil partnerships guidance page for more information.
- Birth registrations - Unfortunately we will not be able to carry out any birth registration appointments for the next 21 days. This will come into effect from Tuesday 24 March 2020 onwards. You can make a claim for child benefit or universal credit prior to the birth being registered. The 42 day requirement to register a birth has been relaxed and no action will be taken if you have not registered within that time frame.
- Certificates - We are currently only able to process certificate applications where the certificate is required for urgent legal or administrative purposes. We can issue a maximum of 3 certificates per person only. We are not able to deal with applications for certificates for the purposes of family history research at this time.
Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time.
Civil Partnership Signing
A Civil Partnership Signing is an administrative process allowing you to complete the legal paperwork and contract your Civil Partnership with each other in front of your witnesses.
Book a registrar
You can book a registrar for a ceremony at a register office or licensed venue, up to two years before your ceremony date.
Please check availability with the licensed venue first, before booking your registrar.
To book a registrar, please complete our online ceremonies enquiry form. Our ceremonies office will then check availability and will contact you by telephone within two working days.
We will discuss the legal preliminaries that you need to complete and send you detailed information about the ceremony itself.
You do not need to have any specific paperwork or identity documents to make a booking.
Please read our ceremony bookings -terms and conditions.
Registrar booking fees
Please see our: marriage and civil partnership fees webpage, for full details of our fees for booking a registrar for your ceremony.
There are various times offered for ceremonies depending on the day of the week and location you have chosen.
Please note we are unable to conduct ceremonies on Easter Sunday, Christmas Day or Boxing Day.
Licensed venue in Surrey
- Monday to Friday - 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm.
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays - 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm.
Register offices in Surrey
- Monday to Friday - 10am, 10.45am, 11.30am, 2.15pm, 3pm and 3.45pm.
- Saturday - 10am, 10.45am, 11.30am, 12.15pm, 1.30pm, 2.15pm, 3pm and 3.45pm.