If you are having a ceremony at a church or other religious building, you should first contact the minister or other person in charge at the church or building to find out how to book your ceremony.
We are now taking bookings for civil partnerships for opposite sex couples
In accordance with the Civil Partnerships, Marriages and Deaths (Registration etc.) Act as from 31 December 2019 opposite sex couples can have a civil partnership and we are now taking bookings for civil partnerships for opposite sex couples.
- If you are required to give notice in Surrey and need a notice appointment on 2 December 2019, please email us at: email@example.com with your names and daytime contact details so that we can book you in.
- For all other dates you can book your notice online.
Step by step guide to booking your ceremony
Please read our terms and conditions before booking your ceremony.
1. Choose your venue
Select from a variety of venues in Surrey, such as a register office or stately home.
2. Book a registrar
For your ceremony at a register office or licensed venue you must secure a registrar for the date. You can do this up to two years before.
3. Marriage and civil partnership fees
Find out about how much you will need to pay for a registrar, certificates and your notice of marriage or civil partnership.
4. Your notice of marriage or civil partnership appointment
Find out about the legal requirement for your ceremony and make an appointment to complete the legal paperwork up to a year in advance of your ceremony or at least 28 days prior to your ceremony date.
5. Inform us of your ceremony requirements
Let us know your choice of vows, music or readings no later than six weeks before your ceremony and things to be aware of on the day of your ceremony (e.g when to arrive, filming, witnesses and use of confetti).