Before booking your appointment
Please note, you are not booking your marriage or civil partnership ceremony. This appointment is to complete the legal paperwork only.
Before booking an appointment to give notice, it is your responsibility to read and understand the following:
- legal requirements for giving notice,
- where and when to give notice,
- fee per person, and
- documents you will need to bring with you.
Booking your appointment
You can book an appointment to give notice of marriage or civil partnership at Guildford, Leatherhead and Weybridge Register Offices.
Your appointment will last approximately 20 minutes per person.
If there are any language difficulties you must arrange for a suitable interpreter to attend with you.
You will not be able to make an appointment online if:
- you do not know exactly where you are holding your ceremony
- you are not getting married or forming a civil partnership in England or Wales
- your ceremony is taking place in a religious building (in some cases)
- either of you are under the age of 18
- either of you are not free to marry or form a civil partnership
- both of you will not be resident in England or Wales at the time of giving your notice of intention to marry or form a civil partnership
- you do not have a contact telephone number
If one or more of the above applies to you, please contact the Surrey Registration Service on: 0300 200 1002, to discuss your situation.
Our Ceremonies Team will be able to advise you on any additional requirements and will be able to book your appointment for you wherever possible.
If none of the above applies to you, please continue to:
Book your notice of marriage appointment
Book your notice of civl partnership appointment
If you change the location of your marriage or civil partnership, you will need to give notice of marriage or civil partnership again and pay the fee again.