How do I apply for a licence?
Surrey is a popular place for filming, as such to film or record on the highway requires a licence. Applications for a licence must be received five working days before the date on which the filming is due to take place.
Application forms can be downloaded at the bottom of this page or you can request an application form by contacting us via our contact centre and returning it to the relevant highways office.
By signing the application form, you are agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions.
What are the terms and conditions?
Before you apply, please read the terms and conditions enclosed with the application form below.
You will also need to contact Surrey Police and the relevant district/borough council, to comply with any requirements and regulations that they may stipulate.
Return to top
How much does the licence cost?
We currently do not charge for filming on the public highway.
What documentation is required?
- Details of scene to be filmed / recorded.
- Plan showing location / storage / parking areas (including catering).
- Details of any additional requirements, highlighted in the terms and conditions.
- Copies of letters of agreement from police and other councils.
- Copy of insurance certificate (A minimum of £5 million is required in respect of any one incident to cover liability against all third party risks).
- Timetable detailing daily start and finish times.
Once the completed application has been received, the site will be checked for suitability, and a site meeting will be arranged. If areas and dates are not suitable due to roadworks, you will receive a letter giving the reasons for this.
What if I have any queries, concerns or complaints?
If you have queries, concerns or complaints about your application, you can contact us via our contact centre online or by telephone
. For further details on logging a comment, compliment or complaints
please see our website.
If you have any queries, concerns or complaints about the location or safety of materials on the public highway, please either contact us by telephone via our contact centre or report them online directly to us.
Return to top