If you'd like to apply for a role with Surrey County Council, then this advice section will assist you with your job application. Containing helpful hints, handy tips and employment advice, it will help to make sure your application sells you in the best possible way.
- Before you apply, take time to read the person specification and job description.
- Ensure that you include relevant examples on your application form to demonstrate your experience against the job competencies and job description.
- Make sure all the information you supply in your application form relates back to the job profile.
- Think about the structure of your application form.
- Remember to spend time on your application form and to check and double check spelling and grammar.
- Ensure you complete the application form in full, leaving no gaps in your employment history and that your references fully cover the last 3 years.
- Should you make it to the interview stage, your interview will be competency based. It is recommended that you use examples to illustrate the competencies being asked – one method of doing this is to structure your interview responses around CAR: Context; Actions; Result.