Skip navigation View desktop version

Surrey County Council

What's behind the website banner?

General enquiries: 03456 009 009

Text size

Help tools

Site search

Global navigation

Gypsy sites and encampments

traveller children playing

There are more than 50 authorised Traveller sites within Surrey of which 18 are owned by Surrey County Council. Another 16 are managed under an agency agreement with the boroughs and districts.
Reigate and Banstead do not have a site. Borough and district councils have responsibility for gypsy sites in their area. These are permanent sites with plots for which the Traveller signs a licence and pays rent. They should not be confused with transit sites, of which Surrey has none.

You can make enquiries about vacant plots on sites or how to get on the waiting list through your local borough or district council, except for Elmbridge (The Oaks) and Waverley (The Willows). These two site are managed by Surrey County Council.

For information on encampments on Surrey County Council land, please get in touch with our contact centre.

Page information

  • Updated: 09 May 2013
  • Janice Taylor
  • Send to a friend



Please rate this page