Surrey in the Region
In order to meet the needs of the residents and businesses of Surrey the county council works with a number of partners across Surrey and the South East region.
Key regional partners and organisations:
- Surrey County Council is represented on the boards of the Coast to Capital LEP and the Enterprise M3 LEP. Coast to Capital includes Epsom & Ewell, Mole Valley, Reigate & Banstead and Tandridge. Enterprise M3 covers the rest of the county, including Elmbridge, Guildford, Runnymede, Spelthorne, Surrey Heath, Waverley and Woking.
- Surrey County Council is a member of South East Strategic Leaders (SESL), a body which includes county and unitary local authorities in the South East. SESL delivers a programme of joint policy development and lobbying.
- South East England Councils (SEEC) represents most local authorities in the South East and aims to promote the interests of local authorities in the region.
- The Gatwick Diamond Initiative is a business-led private/ public sector partnership, which aims to take the economic performance of the sub-region from good to excellent
- The Greater London Authority (GLA) is a strategic authority with a London-wide role, which supports the London Assembly and Mayor of London. As a neighbouring authority Surrey engages with London boroughs and the GLA on policies of mutual interest. The London Plan is the overall strategic plan for London. It sets out the economic, environmental, social and transport framework for the development of London up to 2031.