Countryside management partnerships
Groups managing Surrey's countryside
There are a number of countryside management conservation groups in Surrey involving many different partners, neighbouring districts and boroughs and various conservation organisations. They all broadly have the same objective - to conserve and sustainably enhance our green spaces for future generations.
Surrey Countryside Partnerships Team
The Surrey Countryside Partnerships team is an established county-wide countryside management service, working with volunteers and local communities. It comprises:
- Downlands Partnership looking after chalk grassland and downland sites in East Surrey
- Lower Mole Partnership involved in woodland sites and management of commons in north Surrey
- Surrey Heathland Partnership which manages large areas of heathland found predominantly in west Surrey.
Other countryside conservation groups in Surrey
- Gatwick Greenspace Partnership who work with Sussex Wildlife Trust in areas near Gatwick Airport
- Blackwater Valley Partnership working along the River Blackwater bordering Hants around Farnborough, Aldershot and Farnham
- Colne Valley Partnership that extends northward from Staines up into Buckinghamshire
- Thames Landscape Strategy works on sites around Kew, Hampton Court and Weybridge