If you are thinking of selling and storing fireworks, to do so you will need to apply to Trading Standards.
What are the terms and conditions?
Before applying for a Licence or Registration, please study our guidance on selling and storage requirements.
The Health and Safety Executive also have guidance for businesses on how to store and sell fireworks safely, storage requirements of fireworks in retail premises and a Retailers' risk assessment checklist.
How do I apply for a licence or registration?
For a standard licence or registration you can download an application form and return it, along with the necessary fee to Trading Standards.
To apply for an All Year licence select form at the bottom of this page, and as before complete and return it along with the necessary fee to Trading Standards.
How much does a licence or registration cost?
- The cost of a new licence for one year's duration is £178.
- To renew an existing licence for one year's duration is £83.
- The cost of an All Year licence is £500.
- The cost of a new registration for one year's duration is £105.
- To renew an existing registration for one year’s duration is £52.
- The cost to vary any of the following; the name of licensee or registrant, an address of a site, to transfer a licence or registration, or to replace a lost licence or registration is £35.
- The cost of any other kind of variation not mentioned will be the reasonable cost to Trading Standards having work carried out.
What if I have any queries, concerns or complaints?
If you have queries, concerns or complaints about your application, please contact Trading Standards.